Monday, November 3, 2008

Letter to a friend in distress

Periodically, I'll post older thoughts from other pages.....so it'll look like I have content [tee hee!]


Friday, May 25, 2007 at 11:54am
My honest reaction is, I'm happy for you. No I'm not some cold hearted sadistic menace, but I've found when ppl are going through the most traumatic turbulence, that’s the mark that something really great is right around the corner. In India they have monsoons where it rains for 2-3-4 months at a time straight. This causes flooding, damages villages, property and crops and many ppl die. BUT, it's that same rain that allows the harvest and life to go on throughout the rest of the year.
We must learn from, but not dwell only on what happens, bc "what happens" happens to us all. We can't shake our fist at the clouds and stop the rain. 90% of our life will be determined by what we do about it. Will this make you bitter or make you better? The only obstacle at hand is that you're knee deep into the storm with water in your eyes so you can't see that right now. You making it THROUGH the rain, not around it, is going to catapult you in the greatness that you are destined to become.

No comments: