Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Killer savings on VCR's, the best darn vinyl records ever and other antiquated technologies going down the tubes.....PART III

Previously on "My $02.02"..............Killer savings on VCR's, the best darn vinyl records ever and other antiquated technologies going down the tubes.....PART II
and
Killer savings on VCR's, the best darn vinyl records ever and other antiquated technologies going down the tubes.....

This tv revolution is getting really ridiculous. I shopped around, did my research and got a 1080p LCD HDTV last winter. Cool. Now I'm not to big on endorsements (bc ppl usually get paid for those) so I won't spec out any particular brands or makes. Mine is....ummm....a good one. But I will say this, remember these three letters when looking for your next TV........L...............E................D!!

Oh my stars and garters! I happened to walk by....errr..uuhh... an electronic equipment selling establishment, killing some time waiting on someone when my visual life was changed irreparably. I saw the LED tv and all its orgasmic optical glory. Now I have yet to get a blue ray bc off of my....errr...uhhh.....video game console, that plays high def movies........rivals blue ray quality. I've seen blueray, I've seen...[insert quality tv brand] tv's at their finest for sports, games and movies. Believe me when I tell you LED is the finest quality I've ever seen on anything. Not to mention the total depth of the tv is less than 2 inches. Its like watching a high def pizza.

I sat there for about 15 minutes watching the in-store display. One video had clips of various famous movies and games in LED quality. Then I spent about 5 minutes watching this guy do track n field in slow mo as well as some lady doing a ribbon dance. I wish I could take that memory, bottle it and sell it. If I could, I would lend you my eyes, take my head off my shoulders, and put it on yours so you could see the memory and experience I had. That picture quality was so damn good, I don't even want to use my eyes anymore. It would probably be a lot more fun to close my eyes, record real life and watch it on an LED tv than it would be to actually watch it myself.

The turn around rate of technology these days is at an insane all time low. Most phones become obsolete in under a year, or less if we consider battery life. I usually wait three years as a rule of thumb with any new technology and of late, many things I wanted to purchased have either become obsolete in the last three year or been surpassed, and ultimately given a death sentence. Don't be surprised if you start seeing a few plasma tv's and LCD's sitting on the sidewalk on garbage day pretty soon.

No comments: